- Optimal installation will allow a straight run of pipe for 10 diameters upstream and 5 diameters downstream but the switch can be successfully installed in less than optimal conditions. The additional turbulence can be compensated for by careful selection of the return spring and/or perhaps a shorter paddle length. Please let us know if these conditions exist at the quoting stage.
- Switch can be mounted in any position rotational on the axis of the pipe. If vertical piping – adjust for gravity with spring tension (B). Please let us know at the quoting stage if you do not plan to install the switch vertically in a horizontal run of pipe (as depicted in the graphic to the right).
- Tee models install directly in the pipe run. Do not alter paddle.
- Screwed models are to be installed with a weld-a-let, thread-a-let, or half coupling.
- Cut paddle length to within approximately 1/2” clearance from the bottom of the pipe. Contour corners as necessary to insure no contact with pipe. The flexible paddle should always be within the run of pipe. If a riser is present, the 3/8” round stem should run the length of the riser before the point of paddle attachment.
- Mount switch with conduit connection downstream (pointing in the direction of flow).
All PEECO switches require field setting unless calibration has been requested and provided.
Switch adjustment should be made in the middle of the physical range of movement.
Adjustment (field setting) procedure:
- Disconnect current.
- Remove switch cover.
- Screw actuating rod (A) in or out to point at which micro switch clicks.
- Increase or decrease tension on return spring as necessary to overcome spring balance.
- All turns should be done carefully and in small steps.
- Screw cover on tightly before re-connection of current.
Return springs (B) may be changed as needed for greater or lesser tension (higher or lower flows). Springs are color coded only as to varying weight or tension – not as to quantitative flow range.
Relieve Pressure Prior to Disassembling Switch Components.
Switches Equipped with a Dashpot
Time delay of the pot can be adjusted by screwing in (shortening time) or out (lengthening time) the small orifice plug at rear of cylinder. Do not tamper with any other part of the dashpot.
IMPORTANT – BEFORE CONNECTING CURRENT, COVER MUST BE TIGHTLY CLOSED.
Recommended Spare Parts
Download PEECO IOM Manual
Scan to visit/share this page